Subject: Re: National Instruments GPIB support?
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Shelby <snoonan@fcps.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/07/1998 10:21:08
On Thu, 6 Aug 1998 mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> Has anyone worked on support for National Instruments GPIB cards?  When I
> boot I see:
>
> isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279: read port 0x203
> isapnp0: <National Instruments AT-GPIB/TN, NICC601, , > port 0x100/32 irq
> 5 drq 6 not configured
>
> I saw some FreeBSD code for this, but I'm afraid its quite beyond my level
> of programming expertise to merge it into NetBSD (and I'd much prefer to
> keep NetBSD on that machine due to my good experiences with it on other
> platforms).

I have one of these cards also (plus one with the 'other' chip on it.  I
even have some time..   What are you trying to put on the bus?  I could
try to MI the hp300 port's hpib (same as GPIB) bus code and then the cs80
drives should just work..  but there is little support for anything else.

BTW I am new to kernel hacking/drivers also so it may take some time.

Shelby Noonan