Subject: dial up problem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Fujie Zhang Root <fzhang@NMSU.Edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/06/1998 22:30:52
--------------C3FD670EEAD6BB2EF2C7A60C

has anybody used Bob Nesor's instructions setting up a modem dialup
system for internet connection? i'm having a minor problem with it. i
can get the internet connection from a normal user account or root
account. however, i can only launch the internet applications such as
ftp, telnet, etc from the root acoount. if i do it from the normal user
account i got error message saying host unknown. if any of you has
experienced similar problems, please let me know how you solved this
problem. thx.

--
Regards

Fujie Zhang

--------------C3FD670EEAD6BB2EF2C7A60C

<HTML>
has anybody used Bob Nesor's instructions setting up a modem dialup system
for internet connection? i'm having a minor problem with it. i can get
the internet connection from a normal user account or root account. however,
i can only launch the internet applications such as ftp, telnet, etc from
the root acoount. if i do it from the normal user account i got error message
saying host unknown. if any of you has experienced similar problems, please
let me know how you solved this problem. thx.
<PRE>--&nbsp;
Regards

Fujie Zhang</PRE>
&nbsp;</HTML>