Subject: Re: AMD K6/300
To: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/03/1998 12:06:36

> I just got such a thing for testing. I see random
> "signal 11" messages when I try to do serious
> things - looks like cache and/or memory flakyness.
> Anyone having better experiences?
> Something I have to look at in motherboard /
> BIOS setup?
> (TX chipset, Award 4.51 BIOS)

I have an almost identical setup using 32M DIMMs.

When I had a single DIMM in, the system would regularly Sig11 on me.  I
added a second DIMM (not replaced the first, simply added a second) and
haven't had one since.

This is just too odd for words.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom