Subject: panic: isa_dmamap_create on new installation
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Grunza <steveng@formail.formation.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/25/1998 00:55:45
I'm trying to load NetBSD-1.3 on the second drive in my system.  Since the
MBR on sd0 wasn't touched during the load of sd1, the machine still boots
into Win95.

I used the installation boot disk and stopped the boot before the kernel on
the floppy was loaded, then typed:

sd1a:netbsd

to boot the kernel from the second SCSI drive.  The following is the last
few lines displayed during booting:

sb0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x22f irq 7 drq 1: dsp v2.01
audio0 at sb0
wss0 at isa port 0x530-0x537 irq 10 drq 0 drq 2 1isa0: drq 1 is not free
panic: isa_dmamap_create
Stopped at _Debugger +0x4:  leave

I have the following:
AMD K5-PR100
32 MB EDO DRAM
Tseng Labs ET4000/w32 PCI video card
Adaptec AHA-2950 PCI SCSI controller
 - NOTE: all disks are SCSI, there are no IDE disks.
Viper QIC150 SCSI tape drive
SANYO CRD 254P IDE CDROM (slave)
Reveal SC-500 sound card (actually have it working under Win95)
3COM 3C509 PCI 10 Mb Ethernet

The SC-500 sound card can be configured to look like a Sound Blaster Pro or
as a Window Sound System through a DOS utility.  The sound card has an IDE
interface (that I don't need - only have 1 IDE device ), a game port, and a
MIDI port.  Windows95 reports it as an OPTi 929 Sound System.

My guess is a kernel without wss support might work ok.

or

I really do need to get NetBSD-1.3.2.

Steven G.

Steven Grunza