Subject: Re: ep0 install snag
To: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
From: Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/23/1998 14:37:20
On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Matthias Drochner wrote:

>Excerpts from netbsd: 22-Jun-98 ep0 install snag Jay Nelson@acp.qiv.com (946*)
>
>> I'm having trouble configuring a 3c509 for an ftp install. I've tried
>> two machines (both Dells) and both hang when I configure the network.
>
>Make sure the "Plug & Play" option is disabled
>(using the D*S based configuration tool).

Sorry for the noise. It turned out both cards had plug and play
enabled. Once disabled, the install went easily and flawlessly.

When I reconfigured the cards, I also found an "Optimization" field
with "server" as an option. The 3c509s work significantly better with
this option set.

Thanks to all for your help and patience.

-- Jay