Subject: Re: pppd not working from floppy
To: Joel Reicher <joel@panacea.null.org>
From: Pran Joseph <pran@sharada.ncore.soft.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/18/1998 19:24:57
Hello,

My  /etc/options contains the following

/dev/tty01
19200
crtscts
modem
defaultroute
lock
netmask 255.255.255.0
mtu 1500
-detach
0.0.0.0:192.0.0.1
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chat.isp"
The content of /etc/ppp/chat.isp  file is

ABORT BUSY
ABORT ERROR
ABORT 'NO DIALTONE'
ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
ECHO ON
SAY "Dialing to your ISP"
'' ATZ OK ATDT0,2282550
TIMEOUT 60
SAY "Waiting for 60 secs"
CONNECT ''
SAY "Connected"
rname:-BREAK-rname: procsys ssword: procsys

NB: I used  'crunchgen'  to create the   root floppy and created the boot floppy
from root floppy.
.

Thanks In Advance

-Pran

ps:Thanks for reminding me about mail configuration