Subject: Re: more trouble installing on a Dell
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/17/1998 22:27:47
I have a chip like this too (TP 560X).  Mine is a Cirrus CS4237.
I'd like to suggest that we always probe the sb last and that
we create a mechanism that allows the SB to be ignored if
some flag is set.
(PS
I believe if I play real hard with the isapnp I can make the
hardware make the sb addresses disappear.  I'd like a simpler
solution -- and I need the wss probe first.)
(PPS
One reason you want to use wss bs sb, is that wss mode gives you
a 20DB gain on the mike input that sb does not.)