Subject: disk question
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/16/1998 15:59:07
This is only peripherally (ick pun) related to NetBSD,
but I've run into a surprise with a disk I wanted to
use with an i386 box with an Adaptec 2940UW controller.

I've inherited a new Seagate 5 GB drive which I think is
an ST15230WC -- it has an 80-pin single connector.

I didn't notice the funny SCA-2 connector until I started
mounting it into an Antec Data Tank shoebox, which expects
to talk to a disk with a standard 68-pin + power setup.

If anyone has advice on how to get the system to talk to the
disk (ideally having the disk in the shoebox), I'd be grateful.

	Sean.