Subject: Re: some quick ttcp figures on various cards
To: Andrew Brown <twofsonet@graffiti.com>
From: Geoff Wing <gcw@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/13/1998 02:36:48
Andrew Brown wrote about Re: some quick ttcp figures on various cards:
:>Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net> typed:
:>:the MAC address is: ne1: Ethernet address 00:80:ad:70:69:ff
:>:I have no idea who manufactures this card.. It doesn't come with anything that
:>I've got a couple of Ethernet lists:
:>List 1 (info.stds.oui) says:
:>CNET TECHNOLOGY, INC.            2199 ZANKER ROAD
:>00-80-AD   (hex)                 SAN JOSE  CA  95131
:>0080AD     (base 16)
:>List 2 says:
:>0080AD  CNET TECHNOLOGY, INC.
:>0080AD  CNet Technology (Telebit also reported, CNet claims that's an error)
:>0080AD  Telebit

:ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/ethernet-numbers
:says nothing
:ftp://ftp.cavebear.com/pub/Ethernet.txt
:says this:
:0080AD     CNet Technology                 Used by Telebit (among others)
:which lists are you looking at?

Geeze Louise, now I'll have to go update my versions - I picked them up in
January and they are probably quite old anyway.  (Ouch, info.stds.oui was
dated April 15, 1995)

OK, http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt is an update of the first
(generated 29 May 1998) and says basically the same thing.  Officially,
0080AD is the OUI of CNet Technology, Inc.
See http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.html for more info.

I can't confirm where I obtained the second from since it's a raw list with
no header information.  It's obviously not just information originating from
IEEE.
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@pobox.com>            Mobile : 0412 162 441
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/