Subject: 1.3.1, 1.3,2
To: Port-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/28/1998 16:41:39
I did "patch <netbsd-1.3-1.3.1.diff" to get my 1.3 source tree up to
1.3.1.  When I tried to build a new kernel, there was one file completely
missing in the patched source tree.  This file was supposed to be created
from scratch by patch.

How do I tell patch to create the files that don't exist?

How do I tell patch to fix my source tree now that I have already patched
most files, but there's one file (at least) missing?

I don't want to extract the 1.3 tree again because I'm running some
patches by Manuel Bouyer to get my IDE bus working again (my CD-ROM
drive didn't work with the standard 1.3 ATAPI stuff).

Are the 1.3.2 patches already available?  For 1.3.1?

Thanks,

  -jm

P.S. Is there any hope of getting NFS fixed any time soon?  Whenever a
     server is rebooted, almost all clients must be rebooted as well.
     It's unbelievable how bad the problem is in my network...