Subject: isa_mem_alloc()?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, marc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/1998 16:05:18
So, I have this plug and pray  PCMCIA controller on an ISA-bus card.

I've managed to whack together a i82365_isapnp.c front-end for the
PCIC which appears to work; the only obvious issue is:

What's the right way to allocate ISA IO-space memory for use by the
PCIC?  The only P&P resources which get automatically allocated to the
device is one region of two i/o ports; locators attached to individual
ISAPNP devices in the config file appear to be ignored.

isa_mem_alloc() in the attach routine appears to work, but I can't
find *any* code in the tree which actually *uses* it, and it appears
to be i386-specific...

Any available clues would be appreciated...

						- Bill