Subject: Re: Dual disk multiboot
To: None <edelcamp@easynet.fr>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@UAccess.NET>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1998 20:59:17
> Disk 1 : IDE with a DOS 6.22 (FAT16) partition and a NTFS partition.
> Disk 2 : SCSI with my NetBSD data (root,swap,usr).
>
> If I unplug IDE disk, I can boot from SCSI. If the IDE is plug, I get the
> WinNT boot menu (Win NT, Win NT VGA, DOS).
>
> I want to choose what system I will launch without plug/unplug a disk.
> The problem is that I have 2 disks. OS-BS wont work.

	OS-BS doesn't work?  I thought it did.  (ver 2.0, I have, the beta)

	oh well, perhaps take your DOS partition, make it a little bit
smaller (w/ FIPS), and create a NetBSD micropartition  (be careful here! )
with just enough room for the boot blocks.  (you'll need to newfs it)
Install the NetBSD boot blocks on that mini partition,
get the NT loader to boot it (how?, dunno.)
and when the NetBSD boot loader boots
tell it to get the kernel from your scsi disk. ( boot sd0a:/netbsd )

eric