Subject: Dual disk multiboot
To: i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Delcamp <edelcamp@easynet.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1998 22:22:56
Hi !

Due to a big crash on my netbsd machine, I need to use the NetBSD disk in
another i386 box.
Here is the setup:

Disk 1 : IDE with a DOS 6.22 (FAT16) partition and a NTFS partition.
Disk 2 : SCSI with my NetBSD data (root,swap,usr).

(SCSI controller is an ISA AHA-1542CF).

If I unplug IDE disk, I can boot from SCSI. If the IDE is plug, I get the
WinNT boot menu (Win NT, Win NT VGA, DOS).

I want to choose what system I will launch without plug/unplug a disk.
The problem is that I have 2 disks. OS-BS wont work.

Any ideas ?

PS: Can I re-use the WinNT boot manager to do this ? It's will be a smart
solution ;-)
--
Eric Delcamp             NetBSD user (Amiga & i386)    Bordeaux
edelcamp@easynet.fr      Galactic Bloodshed player     France

http://perso.easynet.fr/~edelcamp