Subject: PCMCIA at PCI?
To: NetBSD port-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dante Profeta <dante@mclink.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/16/1998 15:08:57
I did notice my notebook has the PCMCIA chip controller connected to the PCI
bus:
-
Cirrus Logic CL-GD6729 (PCMCIA bridge, revision 0xee) at pci0 dev 19 function 0
not configured
-
(The manual says it would be a CL-GD6730, but at Cirrus site I didn't find such
chip ... perhaps the manual has a typo)

I noticed too NetBSD 1.3.1 kernel has support for PCMCIA slots at ISA bus:
-
# ISA PCMCIA controllers
pcic0   at isa? port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 iosiz 0x4000
pcic1   at isa? port 0x3e2 iomem 0xd4000 iosiz 0x4000
-
Now I guess I couldn't get PCMCIA to work due to this condition.
Are there any planes to support PCMCIA/PCI controllers?

I like so much NetBSD and I will not switch to some other Unix O.S.

--
  Dante_