Subject: Re: mpg123 with netbsd supports, sounds distorted!
To: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/14/1998 23:14:35
On Fri, 15 May 1998, Alicia da Conceicao wrote:
> Which should mean that I get the full 16 audio support.  However when I
> use it to play MP3 (which I can play with CD quality under Win95 using
> winamp), on my Pentium 166 MMX PC, I get am able to hear every word, but
> the distortion makes it sound like a badly tuned radio station.

I'm using version 0.59n, compiled from the package system around early
March, and it sounds fine... I usually use the "-b" option with a few
megabytes worth of buffers to keep the audio from breaking up when I'm
doing a compile, but if the system is idle, it'll work without any extra
options.

I've got a Pentium 166 (not MMX) with a non-PnP SB16:
sb0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x237 irq 5 drq 1 drq2 5: dsp v4.13
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++