Subject: Needed: 1.3.1 Boot Floppy and kernal for UltraStor 34F
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Rankin <rankind@us.ibm.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/1998 09:20:53
As I have mentioned in a previous letter, I have an Opti VESA-Bus machine with
a UltraStor 34F in one of the slots. The BIOS will boot off the drive OK, and
FreeBSD will boot off of the card correctly, but the NetBSD 1.3.1 boot floppy
kernal won't recognize this card at all. As far as I can tell, there are no IRQ
or memory conflicts with the card, so I think it's a problem between the card
and NetBSD.

If there's someone who could package a 1.3.1 kernal and boot floppy that are
compiled debug and contain the uha0 and ne1 drivers (excluding all drivers that
probe the same addresses), I'd greatly appreciate it. (If someone would rather
that I get the debugging data from a kernal with debug and all of the devices,
I can do that as well.) Unfortunately, I don't have any other machines with
which I could get this working, or I'd try to get it done myself. (Have to get
the NetBSD machine going before I can work on NetBSD....)

Thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr. --- DSM UNIX Team
    External Phone (606) 243 1457    Internal 8-545-1457