Subject: Re: Xircom 10/100 + 56K modem support?
To: the Riz <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/05/1998 00:22:22
>1.  Is there a driver which might work with it that is simply not attaching
>for some reason?  I don't mind poking around the source a bit, but if
>there's not at least a mostly-appropriate driver, I doubt I'm up to writing
>one from scratch. :)

	I don't think the Xircom card is compatible with any of the
drivers we have. I hacked around on one of those laptops a while ago
and was unable to make the ethernet work, although I did learn some
fascinating and potentially bogus things about Xircom's PCMCIA
implementation..

>2.  If not, is anyone working on one?  Just thought I'd ask.  :)

	I picked up an old CreditCard/Ethernet+Modem card to try and
put one together. Hasn't happened yet, though.

	- Nathan