Subject: Mounting old SunOS SCSI disk under NetBSD i386
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/04/1998 02:57:15
--------------D96873ACE76EDC93033D90B4

Greetings:

My old Sun3/60 running SunOS 4.1.1_U3 died on me.  :-(  In older to retrieve
my important files from it, I connected my ShoeBox (Sun SCSI disk enclosure)
to an i386 PC running NetBSD 1.3, with an Adaptec card.  Unfortunately, the
old SunOS filesystem doesn't appear to be compatible with "ffs", or any of
the other filesystems, so I can't seem to mount it.

Does any know how to mount an old SunOS disk under NetBSD 1.3 i386,
hopefully in such a way so that I don't tamper with anything on the disk?
(No modifications of disklabel, mounting only as read-only, etc.)  BTW,
NetBSD sees the disk as "sd0", but claims there is no disklabel.

Thanks in advance, Alicia.
--------------D96873ACE76EDC93033D90B4

begin:          vcard
fn:             Alicia da Conceicao
n:              da Conceicao;Alicia
org:            Cyberstation Inc.
adr:            121 Richmond Street West, Suite 1104;;;Toronto;Ontario;M5H-2G4;Canada
email;internet: alicia@cyberstation.ca
title:          VP of Technology
tel;work:       416-860-9378
tel;fax:        416-860-9380