Subject: ring buffer overflow
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/02/1998 02:45:11
Trying to upgrade a NetBSD 1.2 i386 machine to 1.3.1. Its a 486sx25 w/
16mb ram, SMC 10baseT card. We replaced the kernel and rebooted. It
probed the card correctly, but some time near right after it probes
the floppy, it scrolls

we0 warning - ring buffer overflow

and scrolls and scrolls.

I tried a custom kernel and some other SMC cards, but to no avail.
SMC model 8416T. Any thoughts? We're gonna downgrade to 1.2 tomorrow
if nothing else works. 1.2 was working GREAT.

        Nathan

ps; the only references I found to ring buffer overflows was about
8k NFS packets...I even tried unpluging the cable, but to no avail.