Subject: Re: 2 problems with i386 version of V1.3 (not 1.3.1)
To: Martin Grossman <grossman@BBN.COM>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/23/1998 12:34:52

> SECOND PROBLEM,
> I have a adapte 2940UW board (on pci bus).
> When a exabyte 4200 (4mm no compression) is hooked up everything works fine.
> When a exabyte 8200 (8mm no compression) is hooked up everything works (ie
> I can write to the tape with tar, and can read everything back in via tar)
> BUT I'm getting lots of "Target Busy" messages on the console.

Take a look at http://www.exabyte.com They have firmware upgrades, faq's
and stuff there that probably will help. There is a busy dip switch on the
drive that might help also (documented at the aforementioned site).
Also there is a linux howto for the drive, that probably will apply equally
to netbsd.

--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net