Subject: What's 1.3.1 good for ...
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Robert V. Baron <rvb@gluck.coda.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/20/1998 22:43:30
I'm troubled.  I need to convert a dozen or so machines in the next
week to 1.3.  Do I want to convert to 1.3 or 1.3.1  There has been
some talk that 1.3.1 hangs on x86 systems and there is not yet a
binary distribution.  I'm also disappointed that 1.3.1 does not
have Jason's config/vfs changes or many of the pcmcia changes.

Are there enough userland changes for me to want to use 1.3.1 vs
1.3?  I'm expecting that I'll probably have to go to 1.3E or
later to get a useful kernel.