Subject: Re: Java or kaffe ?
To: None <edelcamp@mail.easynet.fr>
From: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/13/1998 16:23:02
> I want to play with Java (or just learning it to begin ;-).
> I have i3886 and m68k Netbsd boxes, I give a try to Kaffe-0.9.2.
> Helas, the i386 core dumped seriously (and leave the machine unsuable),
> and the m68k only have the interpret engine, which is really slow.....

Don't those lawyers just get everywhere, especially where Intel is
concerned?

The kaffe-0.9.2 from the packages collection passes all the tests on my
486 DX2/66.  Note the patch to make the stack offset 2 - without it,
running the kaffe tests simply gobbled up swap, until shell limits are reached
or you run out of swap.