Subject: Re: Toshiba 445CDX & OPL3-SAx
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/13/1998 13:57:11
Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se> wrote:
> > I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.3 onto a Toshiba Satellite Pro 445CDX.
> > Booting the GENERIC#0 kernel yields a panic while probing the sound
> > card.  The boot messages are included below.  I think (but I've never
> > installed on i386 before, so please bear with me) that the OPL3-SAx
> > built-in sound card is being attached twice, as sb0 and as wss0.
> Yes, there was a bug in the wss attach in 1.3.  It should have failed
> instead of panicing.  It has been fixed in -current.

So it seems I need -current, but I don't know where to find it.
Snapshots don't seem to exist on ftp.netbsd.org, and I can't boot my
Toshiba, much less compile my own kernels and userland.

Can someone please point me to a -current snapshot?

Thanks!
--
   Johnny C. Lam
   Department of Statistics             lamj@stat.cmu.edu