Subject: Re: 1.3.1
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/1998 01:26:44
Jason Thorpe writes:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 01:10:02 -0500
>  "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote:
>
>  > > is anyone working on making snapshots of 1.3X (where X is D or
>  > > greater)?
>  >
>  > As soon as UVM becomes the default on port-i386, I'll be snapshotting
>  > it.
>
> And, to repeat: UVM is not going to be the default VM on the i386 port
> for some time, so don't wait for it to do a snapshot.

And, to repeat: I am not in a position to personally produce non-UVM
snapshots at this time -- I run UVM, and I have moral problems with
releasing an untested snapshot, and I can't personally test non-UVM
snapshots. I will see if I can manage to find someone else to do one,
but I can make no guarantees.

Perry