Subject: Re: panic: ptdi foo
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/04/1998 13:25:44
On Wed, 04 Mar 98 10:57:58 -0800
 "Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@pa.dec.com> wrote:

 > This can apparently be run into in the procfs/ptreace() code, as well,
 > in certain circumstances.  (I think Mark Brinicombe knows them better
 > than I; i've cc'd him in case he's on port-i386.)
 >
 > (There was/is a problem with it on arm32, as well, that required a
 > gross hack to the procfs code which hasn't (yet?) gone back into the
 > master sources.  The same problem.)

Hrm... Hibler-style pmaps allocate PT pages at pmap_enter() time, but I'm
assuming it's done the way it is in the i386 pmap because the page table
VM space actually resides in the process's VM map...

UVM + PMAP_NEW on the i386 shouldn't have this problem, but it would be
nice to address it w/ Mach VM until UVM Is Everywhere.