Subject: Compatibility Problems between 1-3 1nd 1.2.1 when using nfs
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Len Burns <lburns@sasquatch.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/03/1998 07:57:38
I just upgraded our web server to 1.3 i386, and have a strange problem.
When I try to mount a directory from the 1.3 machine using a 1.2.1
machine as a client, It appears to mount.  But, it does not show up in
df, and if I try to cd to the mount point, I get a messages saying
permission denied.  I can mount directories from other 1.2.1 machines,
and can mount the directory from the 1.3 server with a 1.3 client.
Any ideas what is causig this?  About the only option I see at this
point is to upgrade all out machines to 1.3.  Undoubtedly we will do
this eventually, but I would prefer not at the moment.  TIA

-Len