Subject: Gravis Ultrasound with 16-bit recording daughtercard?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Zach Fine <czyz@u.washington.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/28/1998 13:41:55
While we're on the topic of the various models of Gravis Ultrasound,
can anyone tell me if a Gravis Ultrasound rev. 2.4 with attached
16-bit recording daughtercard works for them with NetBSD 1.3?  I'm not
sure if the reason I get no sound is that my card has died or that the
gus driver doesn't support the 16-bit recording daughtercard.

Here's a bit of startup probing info from dmesg:

gus0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x22f irq 7 drq 1 drq2 6
 <Gravis UltraSound version 3.0, 1024KB DRAM, full-duplex, record drq
6>
audio0 at gus0

So it would appear that the card is showing up, but I wonder if it's
configured correctly. I'm surprised to see it come up as
"full-duplex", as I seem to recall that it was impossible with Gravis'
Windoze drivers to use a gus in full-duplex if the daughtercard was
attached, suddenly playback and recording used the same DMA or
somesuch.

Maybe there's so few of these 16-bit recording daughtercards out there
that the driver doesn't know about them?

-Zach Fine
czyz@u.washington.edu