Subject: Question about biosboot.sym and serial consoles
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/23/1998 23:44:32
	Hello folks.  I'm setting up a new machine using Matthia's Drochner's
biosboot blocks and I'd like to use a serial console.  I have a serial
console for the kernel itself, but I cannot manipulate the boot loader
through the console. I tried defining -DSUPPORT_SERIAL and -DDIRECT_SERIAL,
along with the rest of the stuff on that line, including setting the baud
rate to 9600.  (see src/sys/arch/i386/stand/biosboot/Makefile for details),
did a make clean and cleandir and the resultant blocks boot, but don't show
me any output on the serial console, which is com0 (0x3f8, irq 4).
	Is there any documentation on how to enable this feature?
-thanks
-Brian