Subject: Re: Installation from CD-ROM.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christofer C. Bell <cbell@ukans.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/18/1998 09:12:32
Markus Illenseer wrote:

> > Firstly, what's the "correct" directory layout for a NetBSD CD-ROM if you
> > want to install from CD ?
>
>  Simulate one large "boot floppy" by using El torrito should do the trick,
> that's what I am preparing for my Gateway! Series.

I think he's asking if there is a proper directory structure to hold the
install files on the CD in addition to make the CD bootable.

Since CDs have plenty of space, why not simply store the entire tree
under whatever version of NetBSD you want to install?  With ncftp, you
can grab the whole tree with something like:

ftp> get -R NetBSD-1.3

in the /pub/NetBSD directory on the ftp server.  I haven't played with
the pre-packaged ftp that comes with 1.3 much so I can't help you with a
simple command there.  Good luck!

--
Christofer C. Bell                      Information Systems Lead
Union Computing Services                email: cbell@ukans.edu