Subject: RE: Chip set questions
To: None <cjs@portal.ca, buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: None <mvanloon@MindBender.HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/17/1998 23:06:56
I think "most" is highly inaccurate.  I believe the TX, and possibly the
VX have this problem (I'm not totally sure on this).  Of course, all
Pentium Pro and Pentium II chipsets have much higher limits (the Pro
being unlimited, and the PIIs being somewhere like 512MB or 1GB).

Note that the VIA VP2 and VP3 (socket 7/Pentium) boards work very well,
don't have this annoying limitation, and actually support 1MB to 2MB of
cache.