Subject: Re: Mouse Problems
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Andrew Y Ng <ayn@Ngbert.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/17/1998 18:48:03

--
Andrew Y Ng  |  <ayn@Ngbert.org>  |  http://andrew.Ngbert.org/
          (-) please finger ayn@CMU.EDU if u need more info...

... But as records of courts and justice are admissible, it can
easily be proved that powerful and malevolent magicians once existed
and were a scourge to mankind.  The evidence (including confession)
upon which certain women were convicted of witchcraft and executed was
without a flaw; it is still unimpeachable.  The judges' decisions based
on it were sound in logic and in law.  Nothing in any existing court
was ever more thoroughly proved than the charges of witchcraft and
sorcery for which so many suffered death.  If there were no witches,
human testimony and human reason are alike destitute of value.