Subject: Re: Mouse Problems
To: Christofer C. Bell <cbell@ukans.edu>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/17/1998 17:24:25
On Tue, Feb 17, 1998 at 02:08:46PM -0600, Christofer C. Bell wrote:

> Make sure that you have the correct serial port listed in your
> XF86Config file.  Under NetBSD, COM1 is /dev/tty00 and COM2 is
> /dev/tty01.

Hm... On booting, I see:

com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4: ns8250 or ns16450, no fifo

I'm assuming this is mapping to tty00. It's the only com device
to show up, and tty01 doesn't get configured.

If this helps, I get the following, when trying to test with cat:

is9 /root# cat < /dev/tty00
^Cksh: cannot open /dev/tty00: Interrupted system call

Maybe tip or cu or something would be a better way to test...? I don't
know that cat was appropriate.

Thanks in advance for the additional help! I'm going to try to turn on
the port in /dev/ttys to make absolutely sure it's really tty00, but I
expect to find that it is. Suggestions for troubleshooting would be most
welcome!

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments