Subject: Re: newfs failure in 1.3 install
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/14/1998 11:57:03
In message <199802120720.CAA11019@lucy.loco.net>, DV writes:

[..getting list of bad blocks to feed to bad144...]

-> Either from a paper label on the drive itself, or by running a low-level
-> format program.
->
-> Can anyone else add to this bad144 info???

I've actually hacked bad144 in the past to do the equivalent of a scan144,
that is read the whole drive and spit out bad sectors.... It's probably not
too hard to do this to the current bad144, or if there's interest, I've
probably got a copy floating around (but it's probably 1.0 vintage code,
as that's the last time I needed to bad144 drives... Thankfully!).

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                  rafal@mediaone.net