Subject: ThinNet Madness Solved - Thanks, all! :)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/14/1998 09:38:15
Hi again, all.

The case of the Mad ThinNet has been solved. It ended being that one of my
terminators was flaky. It would work intermittently, but then die in-
explicably. I would have never suspected that terminators would go bad,
being the simple-minded things that they are, but this one did, and sug-
gestions sent by list.denizens clued me in to the possibility.

My thanks to the many folks who wrote with anecdotes, diagnostic tech-
niques, and ideas. I feel sort of like I've had an impromptu course on
network diagnostics now. :)

Again, thanks!

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments