Subject: Re: Changing the NetBSD partition identifier ...
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Telford <st@epcc.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/13/1998 15:19:49
> This doesn't seem like a bad idea. :)  I noticed that OpenBSD changed
> theirs to 0xa6 as well.  Also, it seems that they increased the default
> # of partitions you can have, which I find really nice.

Which reminds me - ISTR hearing something about the possibility of
introducing 16-partition disklabels in NetBSD, maybe on port-i386, a few
months ago. Does anybody know if any progress has been made in this
direction? This would be *really* *really* cool.

--
Scott Telford                              "I don't have much to say about
Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre         Linux except to wonder why you