Subject: Re: netscape 4 on NetBSD 1.3
To: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/11/1998 09:46:08
> > I got the linux libs from the freebsd ports tree.  Actually I run the
> > full freebsd ports tree, and just typed "make && make install" in the
> > linux lib subdirectory.  No muss, no fuss.  I think all I had to do
> > was make a link from /emul and /compat to /usr/pkg/emul .
>
> A word of warning here - while the FreeBSD ports tree has many more
> entries when compared to the NetBSD pkgsrc tree, we have imported most
> of the common ones, and fixed a lot of them in the process.

I didn't even realize the netbsd port of ports already had this. This
sounds even easier.

I just meant to point out that there wasn't any need to track a tar of
linux libs down by using the search engines and installing it all by
hand.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
	  Never trust a program you don't have sources for.