Subject: Re: netscape 4 on NetBSD 1.3
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@aros.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/10/1998 14:45:18
In message <199802102136.IAA17306@balrog.supp.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>, Simon Bu
rge writes:
>> I'm using the BSDI version of Navigator 4.04 Standalone, and have the
>> annoying problem that ALT-w doesn't close a 'view source' window, and
>> the arrow keys and pageup/pagedown don't scroll a page if it's using
>> frames (yet another reason to despise frames, I suppose)...
>
>I've never had ALT-w work for a `view source' window - I've just got a
>keystroke (ALT-Remove on a DEC keyboard) mapped to twm's delete window.

Previously I was using the BSDI version of Navigator 3.01, and ALT-w
works fine for the source windows in that version... I'll have to live
with a TWM keybinding I suppose.

>With frames, I've found you have to click in a particular frame, then
>you navigate with the keyboard.

Right, but even after I click in the frame the keyboard navigation
doesn't work for me.  This is a *really* annoying problem. :(  It
works fine in 3.01, and there don't seem to be any differences
between the XKeysymDB files or anything like that, so I'm at a loss.

:: Mike ::