Subject: netscape 4 on NetBSD 1.3
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/10/1998 17:16:08
Hi,
did someone get netscape 4 (communicator) working under NetBSD ?
The linux version, installed with redhat's 4.2 libraries, dies with a
"bus error" before opening any window. Ktrace shows that it dies after a
serie of calls to brk(), so I guess a memory allocation failed somewhere,
but I can't see this in the ktrace (Yes, I've unlimit'ed everything
before starting it).

I tried the bsdi version, wich goes furter. It can brose www servers and
read mail. But when a user tries to send a mail, it opens a window saying
"not enouth memory" (or something like this).

Does someone have it running under NetBSD, and is able to use it to send mail ?
For now I think I'll revert to netscape3.