Subject: Re: Problems booting from SCSI disk
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelih.de>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/10/1998 11:05:00
In <konSsGG6LiYE8mzAUk@zelux6> Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de> writes:
>That's it. The Adaptec translates the geometry
>to a fake one with 32 sectors/track while the
>MBR partition entries are made for 63 s/t.
>The bad news is that you have to repartition
>and reformat your disk if you can't change this
>mapping in the Adaptec BIOS at least a bit.

I don't think a re-install is necessary. I had the same problem this
weekend, and I just corrected the MBR using fdisk, running from the
install floppy (that last bit seems important). I kept the start of
the NetBSD partition at the same sector number and then things worked.

>best regards
>Matthias

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ It's not easy having a good time    rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl