Subject: Re: VIA VP2 chipset
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/1998 21:58:25
> > Don't count it out entirely yet.   But it's too bad I can't buy a
> > standardized PCI motherboard with a PowerPC processor on it like I can
> > for an Alpha or an Intel.

 [Havent' seen the previous message before]

 Your statement is only partially true. Motorola sold the Atlas and the
Ultra board. The Atlas was AT-form factor, the Ultra LPC-form factor
(all in one).

 The Atlas board looks surpisingly similar to the Intel Plato board, one
of the first PCI boards available on the market. In fact besides the
PCI-bridge, the SCSI-chip and of course the PowerPC, the board is identical
to the Plato board :-)

 I have an Atlas board here, unfortunately I am not able to upgrade it
to OFW, and I am stuck to a beta version of MMCG firmware.

 And no, I do not know whether those boards are still available, but
I will contact my Motorola people on this years CeBIT in Hannover,
as they are in the same hall as my company :-)

--
Markus Illenseer