Subject: Re: VIA VP2 chipset
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Scott Telford <st@epcc.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/1998 09:36:55
> It crashes with a message that, if you're very clever can help you to
> pinpoint the bad SIMM.   This isn't great, but it beats the hell out
> of running with corrupt data structures and *really* trashing
> something.   :'}

IIRC, if no kernel debugger is present, on an NMI, the kernel just logs
a message with the values of ports 0x61 and 0x70 (which aren't terribly
useful) and continues. No panic, no crash.

--
Scott Telford                             "If 386BSD had been available when
Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre        I started on Linux, Linux would