Subject: Re: Wireless LAN cards?
To: Joel Reicher <joel@aaii.oz.au>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/1998 13:52:08
On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 12:19:46AM +1100, Joel Reicher wrote:

> Is there support for any wireless networking hardware, or plans to put
> any support in?

That's what STRIP seems to be. I'm not sure how complete the support is,
although it sounds awfully neat. (I nearly shorted out my keyboard with
my drooling, while I was reading about the system.)

I didn't think to save the URL, but the following AltaVista search will
bring you to a very descriptive page done by Stuart Cheshire:

+"STRIP is a protocol for carrying IP" +Starmode +Metricom

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments