Subject: Re: Detecting dropped line with internal modem?
To: Dave Burgess , Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/02/1998 12:47:01

On Mon, Feb 02, 1998 at 12:46:47AM -0500, Mike Long wrote:

> The problem is probably that the modem isn't dropping DCD when it
> loses carrier.  There should be either a DIP switch or an AT command
> to control the behavior of DCD, hopefully you still have documents for
> the modem.

Hm. That makes perfect sense, of course... Unfortunately, I don't have the
docs for the modem, but it's an actual Hayes 14.4K, so I don't expect that
I'll have a hard time finding docs over the net.

The Flash ROM theory makes sense, although I don't know if the modem
actually has Flash ROM or not - either way, I'm telling the modem both
"atz" *and*, later, "at&f1", so it's definitely the default behaviour
of the modem to ignore the loss of carrier.

Thanks for the help!

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments