Subject: Re: AOpen mb won't boot NetBSD
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@chassiron.ensta.fr>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/02/1998 11:28:54
On Mon, Feb 02, 1998 at 09:28:54AM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> I don't think it's a problem with NetBSD's bootblocks. I've seen this with
> a certain drive/motherboard combination, and the bios was hung just after
> probing for disks.

I saw the same problem with intel zp mb and a 6.4 GB Seagate Medalist.
The drive worked OK on an ibm 486 system.

But why does my ASUS TX97E mb find that mystical wd1 which does not exist
at all?  I disabled the secondary IDE in kernel to get rid of the problem,
but I don't think I can start bringing all machines to 1.3 as long as these
IDE problems exist.. :-I  (Well, I'm also worried about the freeze I had
yesterday..)

  -jm