Subject: Followup: PCMCIA ethercard troubles
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Sijben <sijben@acm.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/31/1998 10:43:34
Earlier I wrote:

>I got a new laptop with an unrecognised pcmcia network card. The card is
>supposedly NE2000 compatible.

>here is the data I have. From the  booklet:
>Bus width 16-bit
>Ram buffer 16Kb
>I/O base addresses 240h to 360h
>interrupt 3,4,5,10,11,12,15

>(btw: under win95 the card is configured at IRQ 11 base 320h)

>The bootmessages tell:
>CIS version 2.0 or 2.01
>CIS info: PCMCIA, PCMCIA-ETHERNET-CARD, UE2216, R01

I managed to get the card detected by if_ne_pcmcia.c and I see the satisfing
message that it is connected as ne2.

However, as soon as I try to ifconfig it, the machine craches!

HELP!

Paul

BTW: does it matter that the card has both 10bT and BNC?
--
Paul Sijben                 University of Twente, The Netherlands
tel.: 033-4557522           http://www.huygens.org/~sijben/