Subject: Re: Problem with an AMD K6 and DIMM's
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@parresum.inka.de>
From: Marc Ackley <mackley@enterprise.tht.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/31/1998 00:01:21
	Well sir,

	I am not running a k6 or 2 64 meg dimms in unix but, the big
question is about the 2 64meg dimms.  There is a few different dimms out
there right now and price is a big difference between them.  There is the
cheaper dimm 64mb 10ns 32chips (looks like 2 32mb dimms stack), then there
is the the mor expensive dimms 64mb 10ns 8chips (looks kinda like a 16mb
dimm) well is you have 2 with 32 chips then that is a problem...
(same thing is happening when 72pin memory cam out) well mother board
manufactor don't  say anything in the manual... but having 32 chips
divide by 3.3v = not much or 16 chips divide by 3.3v = much more.
Well ASUS and QDI mother board makers and intel own board they tell you
not to have more the 16chips (PRICEY) well i find that running one dimm is
fine but 2 out of the question.  Well Best is to check your dimms...

Marc