Subject: Re: Creative ViBRA16X PnP ?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/30/1998 10:29:09
On Jan 28, I wrote

> Hi,
> I'm trying to get a Creative ViBRA16X PnP audio board working.
> This one is obviously not supported by NetBSD:
> First I had to add its ID ("CTL0043") in sb_isapnp.c to get the sb driver
> attached. With this change the dmesg output looks like:
> sb0 at isapnp0 port 0x220/16,0x330/2,0x388/4 irq 5 drq 1,3
> sb0: Creative ViBRA16X PnP Audio: dsp v4.16
> audio0 at sb0
> But, because of the "4.16" the driver think it is a SB_AWE_64 (that's
> what audioctl -a told me). So I hacked sbdsp.c's sbversion() to force
> sc_model to SB_16. This didn't help. The process writing to /dev/audio
> is hung and takes a lot of time to react to ^C, and nothing comes
> out from the phones.

Ok, I finally found the problem: IRQ 5 was assigned to the USB PCI chip
by the bios. With Lennart's changes to sbdsp.c to make it handled as
a SB16, it works. Thanks Lennart, and sorry for making you search for
a problem in your driver, when it was not here.

Now, how is isapnp supposed to work ? I though the IRQs where assigned
to isapnp and PCI boards by the bios (my bios teels me wich irq are assigned
to the PCI devices, but not for ISA PnP devices). Maybe my bios is broken,
this board is broken, or things don't work like that ?