Subject: Re: Keyboard lockup problem...?
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/29/1998 09:58:06
On Thu, Jan 29, 1998 at 12:28:56AM -0500, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> > I booted the 386 that has 20MB, it locks up the keyboard as soon as it
> > does the hardware probe!
>
> I remember this being discussed not long ago, but I don't remember if there
> was a solution found. Also, I'm not sure what brand of hardware he's using.

If you have a Dell machine, it is likely the problem with too short
delay loops in the keyboard code. It may affect other keyboards too,
but it has so far only been seen on Dell machines. It has been fixed;
you may want to try the bootimage and kernel that can be found in
pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/dell-1.3 on ftp.netbsd.org or one of its mirrors.

- Frank