Subject: Re: AMD k6 and > 32Mb RAM
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@chassiron.ensta.fr>
From: John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/26/1998 12:22:59
Manuel Bouyer scribbled this message on Jan 26:
> Does anybody know if a K6 can run with 64Mb (or more) of RAM ? I've heard that
> there was a silicon bug in the earlier K6 that would make it not manage
> properly the RAM, but I don't know if it has been fixed.

yes, this has been fixed... there was a bug if you accessed x and then
x +- 32megs...  I've been running a k6/225 (actually k6/200 but w/ bus
speed of 75mhz) for a while now...  once I replaced some faulty edo ram,
things ran perfectly fine...  I run with 48megs on my machine...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD