Subject: Re: NeoMagic Laptops
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/24/1998 15:56:46
Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>  wrote:
 > > NetBSD server.  Has anyone tried to convince them that they
 > > should?
 > version (and it still works fine; I'm using it now). They dropped NetBSD
 > support after that though... I don't remember why exactly, something about
 > not enough interest, I think. Anyways, I've mailed them saying that I'd
 > upgrade my 1.3 to the latest and greatest if they made a NetBSD version;
 > perhaps you (and everyone else who would buy a NetBSD version of their
 > server) should drop 'em some email :)

The response I've seen reported from them is "Why run NetBSD then?
Why not just run FreeBSD?" which I don't think is a very sporting
attitude...

In any event, I think Charles was fixing some shm stuff the other
day so he could run FreeBSD X-servers... not really sure what that
was all about though...